Sunday, October 2, 2011

6 Weeks Test and Progress

Part of Fort Worth ISD's goal for assessing student progress comes in the form of curriculum based assessments or also referred to as CBA's. Since these assessments are now required every 6 weeks, I have planned on using them as my 6 weeks test. After grading all 150 of these tests, I have found a huge gap between my pre-ap classes and my general science classes. As a teacher, I am constantly faced with these challenges and the need to research and practice more effective ways of teaching all learners. As a reflect back on what I have taught this past 6 weeks, I have found that I need to focus my time and energy to work in smaller groups with my general science classes. In order to do this, I will need to pull students during lunches and after school to try and reteach concepts. I will plan on using the CBA's as a tool for questioning and concept building this next cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment